Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tuesday at Augusta

The azaleas are in full bloom. Amen Corner is as pretty as it's ever been. This is Augusta National. A lot of people don't know this, but Augusta, Georgia is the second biggest city in the state. Some of the biggest names in golf are here for another edition of the Masters. I am normally planted on my couch for this weekend tradition, but not this week. Today's practice round enabled me to see some of the game's best, including Fred Couples, Greg Norman, Adam Scott, and Nick Whatney. Big surprise that I would follow Freddy but I wanted to see his mindset after taking the gas last week in Houston. Couples and Norman packed it in after four holes, I don't blame them. It was a cool, windy day, not typical this time of year. Freddy was doing his normal stretching trying to loosen things up, including his ailing back. Vijay was on the range, Boo was working the crowd, and I was enjoying a beer for only $2.75. I knew there was something special about this place.

No comments: